Growth Guide: (Ezra 9:1-6, Neh. 9:1-3)
" Rebuilding requires repentance"
1) Read together (Matt.4:17, 9:13) Jesus began his ministry preaching repent for the kingdom of heaven is near. Why do we as the church, so often find it difficult to admit our struggles? Jesus said that only sinners realized their need for repentance. We all fall short of his standard. Take some time to humbly ask Him to show you what you need to confess.
2) Repent- means to come to God, while at the same time separating from sin and the world. Read together (Ezra 10:11) The Israelites understood that God had called them to be separate. They chose to disobey and as a result their hearts were lead astray. In what ways have you disobeyed and allowed your heart to be lead astray?
3) Ezra and Nehemiah understood that they couldn't rebuild without repentance. Read together (Ezra 9:1-6, 10, Neh. 9:1-3) Notice how many times they said we have sinned, we have disobeyed. They knew that they must humbly acknowledge their failure and sin in order to lead the people to do the same. Take some time to humbly admit your failures and struggles. Confession is the beginning of your spiritual rebuild.
4) While you work building His kingdom he works by building you. In what ways are you allowing Him to build your kingdom from within and from without? God wants the spiritual as well as the physical to be evident in our lives.
5) In the privacy of your home, take some time to talk with God, meditate on what Rodney "Gypsy" Smith said, " Go home. Lock yourself in your room. Kneel down in the middle of the floor, draw a circle around yourself. There, on your knees, pray fervently and brokenly that God would start a revivial within the circle.
Lord, I come to you and I ask you to bring revivial to my heart and life.