Growth Guide: Encountering and Overcoming Obstacles
Growth Guide: ( Nehemiah 2, Ezra 3:12) " Encountering and overcoming obstacles"
1) What are some obstacles that hinder you, in pursuing , and building God's kingdom?
2) Read together (Nehemiah 1:6) Humility is the starting point of overcoming your obstacles. (Personal sin) Nehemiah humbly prayed we have sinned. Don't rush through this verse, take time to look within your own heart.
3) Another common obstacle we face, is living in the past. We can stay focused on the past and miss the present. Read together ( Ezra 3:12) Some of the church leaders missed a wonderful opportunity to enjoy the present by focusing on the good ole days. How can you make sure and stay present, and positive this week. One of my favorite names for God, "I Am" My translation the God of the present!
4) Another obstacle we face in building God's kingdom is opposition. Look at Nehemiah 2. Vs 19. Who are the Sanballat and Tobiah's that are opposing you? Pray for God's strength as you continue to stand and build.
5) Distraction and discouragement are two more obstacles we face when buiding God's kingdom. Discuss these two obstacles with your family, small group or close friend. God died for the church. He knows the importance of support and encouragement.
MMA- Take a moment this week and connect with someone you know who needs encouragement.
6) Read together (Gal. 6:9-10) May you be encouraged by this truth from scripture. May you also be encouraged by our family of faith!
Lord, I'm your servant, help me to speak with boldness your word. Help me to overcome the obstacles I will face to building your kingdom.