Growth Guide: Philippians 4:13
Growth Guide: ( Phil. 4:13)
1) What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you hear Phil. 4:13? " I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." (kjv)
2) Read together ( Phil. 4:13) Here are a few translations to look into from this heavily quoted verse.
- I can do all things through Him who strengthens me (Esv)
- For I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power. (TLB)
- I've found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or empty, whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything, in the One who makes me who I am. (Msg)
- I can do all of this through Him who gives me strength (Niv)
3) Zack shared the contrast of Nothing vs Everything. We can do nothing of eternal value without Jesus We can do everything in His strength. As we look more closely at this verse, share a moment when you yielded to Christ, and a moment of weakness when you did not.
4) Hide this verse in your heart. Memorize it, so that you can use it daily when needed.
5) MMA (monday morning application) Yield to God in prayer and the His word. As He speaks, obey. Plan a time and place that you will enjoy His company.
Lord, I'm going to listen to your voice, and allow you to breathe life into my Spirit. With you I can do all things!